What is Postman?
Who uses Postman?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Postman in their tech stack.
I'm starting to implement a new full-stack application and adopting an API-first development approach. Right now deciding which of these tools to use to build, mock and track the evolution of my just-born OpenAPI specification.
I'm already familiar with Postman when it comes to consuming ready-to-use implemented API, but not yet with its API-build features. As well as I barely know how FastAPI could help with this goal.
I would like to understand if there'd be a big difference of usage and capabilities between these tools. And any other one that could help on development, test and documentation of a REST API.
Thanks a lot for helping on this!
hello, I have started with Postman and SuperTest ,, however I feel like both does a similar task, so please if anyone can advice me regarding what to choose for learning advanced content from both and what makes them different
Our whole Node.js backend stack consists of the following tools:
- Lerna as a tool for multi package and multi repository management
- npm as package manager
- NestJS as Node.js framework
- TypeScript as programming language
- ExpressJS as web server
- Swagger UI for visualizing and interacting with the API’s resources
- Postman as a tool for API development
- TypeORM as object relational mapping layer
- JSON Web Token for access token management
The main reason we have chosen Node.js over PHP is related to the following artifacts:
- Flexibility: Node.js sets very few strict dependencies, rules and guidelines and thus grants a high degree of flexibility in application development. There are no strict conventions so that the appropriate architecture, design structures, modules and features can be freely selected for the development.
I want to do api testing using any one of this tool. I need to run the test scripts whenever new collection has been given. So if i run my test in Postman , i need to add test scripts manually every time i get new collections. Guide me is there any alternate solutions to reuse my test scripts in postman or which one is best either Katalon Studio or postman..
- Its used to check and validate all the web services API [ JSON Format] for branded customer mobile apps (iOS & Android) and food delivery app. Postman
We use Swagger Inspector in conjunction with our universal REST-API "Charon". Swagger Inspector makes testing edge-cases hassle-free and lets testing look easy. Swagger Inspector was also a great help to explore the Mojang-API, that we are dependent on, because it is the central repository for minecraft-account-data.
We previously used Postman but decided to switch over to Swagger Inspector because it also integrated seamlessly into Swagger UI , which we use for displaying our OpenAPI specification of said REST-API.
Jobs that mention Postman as a desired skillset
Postman 's Features
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
- Image previews
- Request history
- Basic Auth, OAuth 1.0, OAuth 2.0, and other common auth helpers
- Autocomplete for URL and header values
- Key/value editors for adding parameters or header values. Works for URL parameters too.
- Use environment variables to easily shift between settings. Great for testing production, staging or local setups.
- Keyboard shortcuts to maximize your productivity
- Automatically generated web documentation
- Mock servers hosted on Postman’s cloud
- API monitoring run from Postman cloud