What is Pingdom?
Pingdom is an uptime monitoring service. When problems happen with a site that Pingdom monitors, it immediately alerts the owner so the problem can be taken care of.
Pingdom is a tool in the Website Monitoring category of a tech stack.
Who uses Pingdom?
1055 companies reportedly use Pingdom in their tech stacks, including Pinterest , Shopify , and Spotify .
1312 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Pingdom .
CloudFlare , Datadog , PagerDuty , StatusPage.io , and Zulip are some of the popular tools that integrate with Pingdom . Here's a list of all 32 tools that integrate with Pingdom .
Pros of Pingdom
Jul 28 2017 at 7:41AM
Sep 2 2016 at 3:23AM
Pingdom 's Features
- Uptime & Response time reports
- Multi-step transaction monitoring
- Email, text & twitter alerts
- Multiple check locations
- Root cause analysis
- Public and email reports
- Monitor that your websites and servers are working- Pingdom tests your websites and other infrastructure components as often as every minute to make sure it is all up and running.
- Be the first to know if something breaks- When an error occurs, you can get alerted via email, text (SMS), Twitter, or a mobile notification to your Android and iOS device.
- Easily spot trends in your performance- The results of all tests that we perform are saved, and we use that data to create graphs of your site's historical uptime and performance.
- When it breaks, find out why- If an issue occurs with one of your sites, we use additional tests such as a traceroute to help you find out where the problem is.
- Identify broken and slow website interactions- Monitor parts of a website like the login, search, check out, or other user interactions that are important to you.
- Use it wherever you are- You can use our mobile apps for Android and iOS to view report data and the current status of your sites while on the go.
Pingdom Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Pingdom ?
The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. More than 50% of the Fortune 100 do too.
PagerDuty is an alarm aggregation and dispatching service for system administrators and support teams. It collects alerts from your monitoring tools, gives you an overall view of all of your monitoring alarms, and alerts an on duty engineer if there's a problem.
Datadog is the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring. It is used by IT, operations, and development teams who build and operate applications that run on dynamic or hybrid cloud infrastructure. Start monitoring in minutes with Datadog!
Monitoring a website is one thing – finding the best way to alert you to downtime another. At StatusCake we give you as many options as possible to decide when & how often you’re contacted. Whether it’s by email, SMS, push notifications for iOS & Android or integration with third party apps including Zapier and PagerDuty – you decide how you want to be alerted and when!
It is the ultimate monitoring tool to stay in control of the uptime, performance, and functionality of your websites, APIs, and servers.