What is Figma?
Who uses Figma?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Figma in their tech stack.
I'm hoping to get some much-needed tech-stack advice. I have been in UX/UI design for ~11 years now. No hands-on programming until very recently, I learned the basics of Python / CSS 3 / HTML5 / Django / Flask .
I am looking to work in early-stage startups, helping to build tech/software design. Where I would essentially need to wear multiple hats.
The tricky part for me has been understanding which technology I should focus on learning.
I don't really care at all about where the jobs are. I care more about these priorities (in order):
- Feature-rich / Robust capabilities / Scaling / future-proofing / Security (Is it good tech)
- Ease of build. (Being a UX/UI guy, I love a good GUI to build with.)
- Library resources. Would love to skip the easy stuff whenever possible.
- Strong Dev community.
- Ability to convert Prototypes to usable code. Figma ?
- Cross-platform capabilities.
- Monolithic nature. Would love to avoid learning a million different tools.
Basically, I am looking to be enough of a do-it-all type developer, that gets the MVP tech stack far enough along with the company to get funding and get the dedicated resources we would need for whatever the technology is...
Any advice is appreciated! Thanks! - Brian
Which one is better between Bootstrap & Figma to make a web design to get HTML, CSS code?
Last time we shared there information about our decision about using YouTrack over Jira actually we found much better solution that our team have loved. Linear is a minimalistic issue tracker that integrates well with Sentry , GitHub , Slack and Figma which are our basic tools. I would like to recommend checking out Linear as a potential alternative to "heavy" issue trackers, maybe at enterprises that may not work but when we're a startup that works awesome!
We chose Figma because of the collaboration aspect of it. We are able to work as a team to create designs for web apps, mobile apps, and alike. After creating our designs in Figma we start exporting the assets and designs over to Webflow and Supernova .
It's magical changes in my life. Figma is :
- Perfect for Web-design
- Impressive in collaboration with other colleagues
- Have a really magic components
- Doesn't require any software on your computer, all you need is modern browser and enough memory
Imo Figma is an everywhere-available tool, that uses modern technology ( WebAssembly ) and intuitive design to let you build awesome things.
Jobs that mention Figma as a desired skillset
Figma 's Features
- Online Sketch alternative
- Free for small teams
- Easy to use